The fourth quarter for 2021 continued the positive momentum across most markets to make 2021 a stellar year. There were solid results across road transport, motor vehicles, earthmoving and mining equipment.
Highlights from the fourth quarter included some very successful auctions for road transport and earthmoving across our Brisbane, Roma and Newcastle offices.
The quarter in short:
- New truck sales saw a 20.1% increase on 2020 sales.
- The supply of second-hand heavy-duty, medium-duty and light-duty trucks at auction has been subdued.
- Caterpillar’s fourth-quarter 2021 sales and revenues up 23%; full-year sales and revenues up 22%.
- Supply issues in the new Earthmoving market are having a positive effect on second hand and auction markets.
- Tractor sales have exceeded 18,000 units for 2021 which has resulted in a 25% rise in sales compared to 2020.
- Toyota finished at the top of the Australian new-car sales charts for the 25th time.
- New car sales increased by 14.5%, finishing 2021 with 1,049,831 registrations. This result is despite buyers continuously facing significant delivery delays.
- MG 9th, Great Wall 14th as China manufacturers grow at pace.
- Electric vehicles sales up almost 200%.
- Classic and collectible cars along with rare number plates continue to sell extremely well and break records.
- This quarter we were able to successfully assist BDO in the matter of Pacific Air ExpressAustralia Pty Ltd (Receivers & Managers Appointed) in selling the 1985 Boeing 757 Freighter aircraft as part of the receivership.
View full report here