Read our Quarterly Report for Q4 2019Posted 23 June 2020
The fourth quarter of 2019 saw a decline across all key market sectors, particularly road transport and automotive suffered the largest decline.
The quarter, in short, can be found below:
- All truck segments suffered a decline in sales throughout 2019, with the end of year sales results ending with an 8.8% decline in comparison to the 2018 end of year results.
- We continue to see European trucks gaining more traction in the market, with these units being reported to have additional driver aids, reduced emissions and a good fuel economy.
- Caterpillar Inc, has reported that sales and revenue have fell 8% in the fourth quarter.
- We continue to see the drought affecting large areas of regional Queensland and New South Wales, this has led to a continued downward effect on agricultural equipment in both the new and secondary markets.
- We saw a 7.8% decline on new car sales across Australia, making it the worst year on record since 2011.
- We saw stronger results in the secondary car market throughout the fourth quarter, as wholesalers and dealers are seeing a slow supply of second-hand cars on the market leading to an increase in demand.