Read our Quarterly Report for Q2 2019Posted 29 August 2019
The second quarter of 2019 saw mixed results in many sectors.
Declining sales and depressed conditions in the automotive and heavy transport sectors saw those markets continue to go backwards from previous quarters whereas the mining and earthmoving sectors have had positive signs with increases in sales for new equipment and capital investment from the mining sector. Full report online now. The quarter in short:
- Volvo beat Kenworth in June as the No. 1 selling brand and is only 50 units behind YTD
- 11% increase in sales for Caterpillar resources assets in the Asia Pacific region
- The tractor market continues to see a wide variation in activity within the market with new tractor sales in June up 9% in comparison to May. However, new tractor sales are down 10% on the corresponding period for 2018.
- Automotive sales at the halfway point of the year are down 8.4%, sales across the six months sit at 554,466 units, which is 51,056 units less than the same period in 2018.
- The aviation sector has seen significant activity over the last quarter with multiple helicopter and fixed wing transactions in all categories.
- Slattery Asset Advisory will be hosting the annual Valuations Conference on the 17th and 18th October in the Hunter Valley. Keynote speakers include Cathryn Lee from Deloitte, Romesh Rodrigo from FUSO Truck and Bus and Gayle Dickerson from KPMG.