Read our Quarterly Report for Q1 2019Posted 31 May 2019
The first quarter for 2019 was a busy one for us and the markets. There were some large market declines in new sales across Trucks, Automotive and Agriculture. Take a look for yourself to get the full market update with our report online now.
The quarter in short:
- Slattery Asset Advisory was engaged by the Administrators of RCR Group. Inspecting over 30 sites and 3,700 assets.
- The Road Transport sector has been deflated in both the new and used sectors after hitting a new sales record for the year in 2018. Only specific trucking and trailer assets are performing well.
- In the Mining Sector, Caterpillar sales for equipment into the resources industry increased a massive 52% on last year. The used market continues to power with demand outstripping supply.
- New Vehicle sales are receding in Australia with budget-conscious buyers looking toward the lower end of the market and the used market. quarterly year-to-date deficit to 7.8%
- Agri sales in drought-affected New South Wales and Queensland remains pretty grim with New South Wales down 23% on last year and Queensland 34% behind in March, now 13% behind last year