Read our Quarterly Report for Q3 2018Posted 04 December 2018
Third Quarter Report for 2018
The third quarter was a hive of activity with major auctions taking place and substantial shifts across many markets.
Slattery Asset Advisory has hosted its very successful 2018 Valuations conference. The focus being ‘Looking to the Future‘ with industry experts from Transport, Mining, Earthmoving, Marine and Aviation giving insight into what technology is coming.
The overall road transport and Mining/Earthmoving sector has continued to perform well throughout the third quarter of 2018. Motor vehicles and Marine all had a mixed quarter.
The quarter in short:
- 2018 is shaping up to be the highest volume of sales in new and heavy trucks ever recorded.
- Caterpillar Inc had another strong quarter, with the third quarter of 2018 a record-breaking quarter for the company.
- Alternate fuel trucks and semi-autonomous trucks are coming, however, there will be resistance in the market.
- October saw the Marine and Civil major auction held in WA with a 91% clearance rate.
- Passenger cars continued to slide, recording a 20.1 per cent drop on last year’s sales