Read our Quarterly Report for Q1 2018Posted 22 May 2018
The first quarter for 2018 has seen solid results across all areas including road transport, earthmoving and motor vehicles.
Slattery Asset Advisory has had an exciting first quarter with the launch of our new Asset Recovery Business. The business essentially co-ordinates the late cycle credit recovery and asset re-remarketing processes for major banks and financers. This quarter also saw us hold one of our biggest auctions. With the liquidation of the assets operated by Ostwald Brothers in Dalby, South East Queensland. This auction set the benchmark for the year ahead with some incredible results on a range of trucks, trailers and earthmoving equipment.
The Quarter in short:
- 2018 had a strong start for the Road Transport sector with record sales numbers exceeding the previous record set in 2008. Specifically, the tipper truck and dog tipping trailers are in high demand, this inturn saw an increased in values in the secondary market across the country.
- There has been an upswing in demand for good quality and late model commerical trailers through Q1. This trend has been driven by the large-scale infrastructure work that is underway and the steady recovery of the mining sector.
- Current market conditions for Earthmoving and Mining equipment have resulted in the highest we have seen for 3 years. Primarly due to miners globallly incresasing their capital expenditure, as the mining industry continues to ramp up.
- Throughout Q1 we have seen 2018 hit a new record for the sale of new vehicles. This is an increase of 1.5 per cent over last years record.
- Within the used vehicle market, we have seen car dealers becoming more selective in the types of vehicles they are purchasing in the auction space to cater for the current trends in the buyer market.
- Over the past quarter we have seen an increased sales of single engine helicopters and fixed wing aircraft throughout the aviation market. This type of aircraft has been proven to be in great demand across the agricultural and tourism sectors.